Get all the Health Benefits of Rebounding with Pilates and the Jump Board!
If you have been doing Pilates for awhile and have never done the Jump Board you are not alone. The Jump Board, is one, of many, Pilates best kept secrets! Engineered by Romana, NASA came to her looking for exercises that would teach Astronauts how to control their body in space. Later, she used the Jump Board to rehab the Dancers. Presently, the Jump Board is apart of the Advanced Reformer Routine.
The Jump Board is an incredible piece of equipment that encourages weight loss, and lower body sculpting. As you lie on the Reformer Bed and jump the springs extend to their limit and upon the return the legs must resist the pull from the springs.. Do this for 10 minutes as a safe way to increase the Heart-rate without impact to the joints, and gain all the benefits of Rebounding!
One of the major benefits of Rebounding is to the skeletal system. Just as Astronauts lose bone mass in space because of a zero gravity environment, Rebounding becomes important to increasing bone mass, but, without the strain to joints or bones! Another amazing affect of Rebounding is the increase of cell energy and mitochondrial function.
- Boosts lymphatic drainage and immune function
- Improve digestion
- More than twice as effective as running without the stress to ankles and knees
- Increases endurance on a cellular level
- Improves balance by stimulating the vestibule in the ear
- Improve the effects of other exercise
- Helps to circulate oxygen throughout the body
- Improves muscle tone throughout the whole body.
- Some sources claim that the unique motion of rebounding can also help support the thyroid and adrenals.
Doing Rebound exercises using the Gratz Pilates Jump Board is a sure way to enhance every aspect of your Pilates routine and look. The Jump Board is not for the faint of heart so be prepared to feel the burn.